Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

On A Boat...


So Eric and I got out on a beautiful Monday evening run last night. The sun was fading and the sky was blue as we set out on what we thought was going to be just another ordinary run. But instead of just focusing on fitness and tearing through some miles, we decided to explore a bit. Low and behold wecame across this.....
 Well it wasn't much of a surprise because we have known about the boat for several years now, but we both have never explored it. So we decided what the hell and went in for a look.

As you can see there isn't much to it, all rusted out and listing to starboard (well I guess not listing since it is on the beach). Nonetheless it was a bit tricky to navigate. We made it to the top and climbed around a bit there too...the bow had a great view.






  After exploring a bit and getting really cold (well I did anyways...) we set off home. Another cool  adventure on our island....

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Coming up on that boat & exploring would be a dream come true for me. That's one of the things I love about running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks like so much fun! I would have scrapped the fitness for some exploration too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I thought the glazed carrot added a great pop of color.

    What a fun exploration of that ship. I wonder how long it's been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing run! That's the beauty of running for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool! You weren't kidding about that being a pretty awesome run. I'm trying to follow you but until blogger acts right who knows?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously??!?!? I would love it if my runs included some boat exploring!

    ReplyDelete